Chief Operating Officer - Development
|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, United States (REMOTE)|
|Category:||Financial : Real Estate|
Position Chief Operating Officer – Development
Company Evergreen Investment Company
Location Charlotte, NC (Or REMOTE)
Reporting Relationship Chief Investment Officer
Evergreen Investment Company represents over 35 years of real estate investing success.
We use our wealth of experience to opportunistically navigate real estate cycles in multiple high-growth markets. We handle a range of property types, including multifamily, neighborhood shopping centers, and raw land. Our real estate expertise spans decades and runs deep.
We are seeking a talented Chief Operating Officer to add to our development team. The firm is nimble and entrepreneurial, affording a professional looking to take the next step in their career an excellent opportunity to exert significant influence as they grow and learn. The COO. Development is responsible for creating and maintaining the systems and processes that underpin general company functioning and our cross-functional project development team, including Acquisitions, Entitlements, Development, Construction, and Asset Management. By creating structure and accountability within the organization you will be facilitating progress toward project-specific milestones and goals.
Evergreen Investment Company also believes in giving back. Through the Evergreen Global Fund, we reinvest a percentage of our net profit into promoting conservation, microfinance, and medical research work across the world.
For more information, please visit:
This is a unique opportunity for a successful candidate to join a seasoned real estate investor’s family office responsible for overseeing a portfolio of high-quality income producing assets concentrated in the sunbelt states, while simultaneously nurturing and driving a multifamily development pipeline to completion in three of the strongest US apartment markets.
Key responsibilities include:
Process Management – The individual will continuously monitor and oversee the company’s development workflow processes to ensure that they are yielding efficient overall company functioning, and that the pipeline of new development projects is being delivered on time and on budget. They will be responsible for guiding and tracking all stages from capital markets through construction project management and ongoing asset management.
Implementation and Priority Setting – COO will identify and prioritize the action items that are necessary to achieve each individual projects’ time and budget goals.
Communication and Accountability – Must provide information required by others in a concise, direct, and unambiguous way that ensures that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and actionable content of the message. With company and project goals always in mind, must be able to quickly adjust and reprioritize in response to external events and ensure that key actions are taken by team members in a timely fashion.
The COO, Development will serve as a source of structure and a hub of communication for cross-functional project teams to make certain that company best-practice processes are being followed and projects are completed on time and on budget. This includes Acquisitions, Entitlement, Construction, Property and Asset Management.
A successful candidate will have Commercial Real Estate experience (Multifamily ideally) and a demonstrated ability to manage a diverse set of responsibilities within a project management framework.
Specific qualifications to include:
- A keen understanding of real estate development, including operations management skills.
- Creativity and understanding all elements of value creation relative to the development process.
- Strong real estate transaction negotiation skills.
- Great attention to detail and organization to assure efficiency and timeliness of getting deals completed.
- Strong process orientation to measure efficiency and costs.
- Ability to effectively use technology, processes and communication to improve efficiency.
- Decisiveness and process orientation sufficient to anticipate and address opportunities and problems that arise during the course of a development project.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment of teamwork influence and credibility gained from results more than authority.
- Experience with building key internal and external relationships to gain and communicate information valuable to the company’s progress toward its goals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to interface with Executive and Town Board level stakeholders as well as contractors and vendors, including Legal Counsel
- Ability to take initiative with a clear business purpose in mind
- Team Player
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Legal Experience
- Project Management or Process Certification (PMP)