|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Education|
Headquartered in the United States with offices around the world, the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, Inc., (ISC)², is the global not-for-profit leader in educating and certifying information security professionals throughout the life cycle of their careers. (ISC)² has more than 140,000 certified members around the world representing an elite, global network of cybersecurity professionals. They are top experts in their fields, representing critical cyber, information, software, IT and infrastructure security positions.
The professionals who make up the (ISC)² community play a vital role in protecting the organizations they serve and helping to keep society safe. (ISC)² is committed to supporting these professionals by providing access to relevant educational resources, cutting edge industry information, vast networking and collaboration opportunities and professional development tools.
In order to accomplish this mission (ISC)² offers a vast array of industry specific information security certifications, with exam preparation, which are recognized as the global standard for excellence. Certification programs include:
- CISSP: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CISSP
- SSCP: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/SSCP
- CCSP: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP
- CAP: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CAP
- CSSLP: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications
- HCISPP: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/HCISPP
As certification is just the first step in demonstrating critical knowledge of industry best practice and standards, (ISC)² also provides continuing education courses through the Professional Development Institute to provide members with the most relevant information on emerging trends. Members also have access to a full spectrum of global resources, education and operational tools, peer networking opportunities, industry events, and more.
The Chief Executive Officer will work in close partnership with the Board of Directors and staff, to establish a visionary strategic path that ensures a vibrant future for the organization and its members This person will be a charismatic and inspirational leader with passion for advancing the organization’s mission and vision. S/he will build on the organization's current success, while developing new certifications, educational programs, and services that provide the most relevant skills and tools that support members’ career journey and reflect the latest standards in an ever-evolving industry.
S/he will have a minimum of 10 years of executive level leadership experience for a relevant globally-focused organization. In addition, the CEO will possess the following credentials:
- Strategic Direction. In conjunction with the Board of Directors, staff, and partner organizations, develops and executes a visionary strategic plan to ensure that (ISC)² makes consistent and timely progress in achieving its vision, mission, and goals. Leverages the organizations rich data library and analyzes content to identify opportunities for program development while ensuring current and future programs consistently achieve ANSI accreditation.
- Board Relations. Builds and maintains transparent and collaborative relationship with the members of (ISC)²’s Board of Directors. Partners with the Board to establish long range operational plan and leads the organization in achieving strategic milestones.
- Industry Knowledge. Continually pursues knowledge of trends impacting information security and related fields. Ensures (ISC)² maintains compliance with best practices in the information security field, are globally accepted as the “Gold Standard” and market leader, and meets the high standards promoted by the organization. Provides responsible stewardship of certifications and (ISC)² brand.
- Operations. Provides vision and leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans in partnership with the Board of Directors and staff. Ensures the organization’s financial integrity and long-term sustainability through oversight of strong fiscal management. Leads the annual budget planning, monthly budget performance review, investment strategies for capital reserves, liquidity and cash flow management, in accordance with corporate goals established by the Board. Ensures compliance with international, federal, state and local regulations. Maintain Sarbanes-Oxley compliance readiness by ensuring internal controls are in place and adhered to for all major systems and processes that contribute to the financial statement.
- Staff and Organizational Leadership. Engages, inspires, and motivates an outstanding global team of approximately 157 professionals. Effectively attracts, mentors, and retains exceptional talent to deliver on the vision of the organization. Fosters an environment of internal collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement to ensure staff are empowered to help drive the mission and vision of the organization. Promotes a culture of corporate responsibility and high ethical standards within the organization.
- Spokesperson. Serves as the dynamic spokesperson for the organization before key audiences globally to communicate (ISC)²’s vision, strategy and priorities. Advocates for the high standards of safety and security with external audiences.
- Membership Development and Revenue Generation. Identifies new value-added products and services that drive revenue growth to ensure financial strength for future investments. Optimizes return on investment for recent digital investments that are designed to significantly increase the organization’s value to members and the community broadly.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The CEO will be an accomplished, visionary leader in the information security community, who will guide future growth and impact of the organization by providing relevant, innovative products and services, educational tools, and certifications to ensure continued positive impact on the industry. (ISC)² requires a results-driven servant leader who will collaborate with the Board of Directors, staff, and partner organizations to fulfill the mission effectively and efficiently.
S/he will have a minimum of 10 years of executive level leadership experience for a globally-focused organization with deep understanding and experience in the information security industry. In addition, the CEO will possess the following credentials:
- Passion for (ISC)²’s mission and a strong commitment to advancing the interests of the information security industry.
- Experience partnering with a diverse, highly influential Board of Directors in the development and execution of a strategic plan.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, transparency and open communication regarding the organization’s progress toward critical goals and objectives.
- Exceptional gravitas and stellar communications skills to serve as the principal external spokesperson for (ISC)² with myriad stakeholders across the globe.
- Collaborative leadership style with an ability to attract and retain top caliber talent, while developing the organization’s depth and future leaders throughout the organization.
- Proven organizational management, business, and financial acumen within an organization of similar or larger scale and complexity.
- Persuasive and influential communication skills to promote the services and relevant value proposition of (ISC)² with the businesses, prospective members, and other external audiences worldwide.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Technology savvy, with commitment to leveraging robust data library to further enhance engagement with members, drive creation of future programming and ensure a relevant value proposition with the information security community.
- Global business savvy, with deep experience understanding diverse cultures.
- Ability to travel extensively in the U.S. and across the globe.
An undergraduate degree is required. A relevant advanced degree is highly desirable.
A competitive compensation package will be provided to attract outstanding candidates.
Korn/Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.