Chief Executive Officer
|Location:||Columbia, Maryland, United States|
|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Not-For-Profit|
Our client, Maryland Technology Development Corporation (TEDCO) seeks a Chief Executive Officer. This individual will report directly to the Board of Directors. The TEDCO Board of Directors seeks a dynamic, visionary, and innovative CEO who will build on the organization's strong legacy, while bringing a fresh approach to help shape the future of how the organization will serve the State of Maryland.
TEDCO was created by the Maryland State Legislature in 1998 to facilitate the transfer and commercialization of technology from Maryland’s research universities and federal labs into the marketplace and to assist in the creation and growth of technology-based businesses in all regions of the State. TEDCO is an independent organization that strives to be Maryland’s lead source for entrepreneurial business assistance and seed funding for the development of startup companies in Maryland’s innovation economy. Throughout Maryland, TEDCO is a resource of mentoring, funding and networking for entrepreneurs and start-ups that need guidance as they bring innovative concepts to market.
- Establish and manage programs that support innovation and promote entrepreneurship.
- Provide funding for technology transfer development and business formation, growth and expansion.
- Advance Maryland’s innovation ecosystem through thought leadership and supporting the efforts of other stakeholders.
- TEDCO has 280 current portfolio companies and has supported the development of a portfolio of more than 400 entrepreneurial and technology-based businesses.
- TEDCO has awarded $22 million to start-ups; supported companies have attracted more than $1 billion in follow-on funding.
- TEDCO has funded more than 648 research projects across the state.
- 23 full-time staff and 5 part-time contractors, 6 active mentoring and education programs, 8 active funding programs.
Korn/Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.