President & Chief Executive Officer
|Location:||Golden Valley, Minnesota|
|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Education|
Position -- President and Chief Executive Officer
Company --Medical Alley Association (MAA)
Location --Golden Valley, MN
Reporting Relationship -- The President & CEO will be accountable to the MAA Board of Directors, working with the Board Chair and Executive Committee.
The President & CEO will oversee a staff of approximately 20 professionals and an annual budget of approximately $3 million.
Website -- https://medicalalley.org/
Founded in 1984, the Medical Alley Association (MAA) supports and advances the global leadership of Medical Alley’s healthcare industry, and its connectivity around the world. MAA delivers the collective influence, intelligence and interactions that support Medical Alley. MAA is a well-run, well-funded and well-regarded association.
MAA is a member organization working to promote Minnesota's Medical Alley and the hundreds of companies that make this region, The Global Epicenter of Health Innovation and Care®. MAA does this by influencing policy at state and federal levels, delivering actionable intelligence that informs decision-making, connecting members to other industry professionals, providing resources, industry training and knowledge. MAA is proud to have been named one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For by Minnesota Business Magazine and one of the Best Places to Work honorees by Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
The Medical Alley Association is a trusted partner for cutting-edge healthcare organizations that are leading the world in their industries. It is a 501c6 non-profit Association.
You will work with a fast-paced team of individuals who are talented, tech savvy, and passionate about being part of the positive change in the world through health technology innovation.
We champion and facilitate an environment that enables health technology and care organizations to innovate, succeed and influence the evolution of healthcare.
We will elevate Medical Alley as The Global Epicenter of Health Innovation and Care®.
The President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) leads the direction of the Medical Alley Association (MAA) and serves as the public face of the nation’s only full-sector healthcare association. This individual will be the driving force responsible for the strategic direction of the organization and leading a team to accomplish the objectives of members and the organization, which include key initiatives, public policy influence, industry thought leadership and content development, membership growth, financial performance, and organizational development. By developing a proactive presence with all members and stakeholders, this key leader will serve as a spokesperson for the health and medical ecosystem and represent the industry in the community, policy forums, and the media.
The President and CEO will possess the capacity to maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, both public and private, and assure that the position of MAA and its members is enhanced by being the “voice” of the industry and representing them in a positive, timely, and effective manner. Through effective management and leadership, the President and CEO will achieve economical, productive performance by providing innovative programming and effective legislative council while setting strategic priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
The President & CEO will be responsible for the following:
- Collaborates with the MAA Board of Directors to set the overall vision and strategies for the organization and for the execution of the organization’s key initiatives, financial performance and member engagement. Holds themselves accountable for performance, including advancing growth and impact agenda.
- As the public face of the organization, the President & CEO leads engagement with public officials, the press and visible content created by the organization. Actively seeks opportunities and relationships to build awareness and leadership positioning of Medical Alley.
- Facilitates MAA’s decision-making process regarding strategic goals and objectives and develops a plan for implementing the plan. This includes developing a long-term view of the healthcare industry while balancing short-term objectives with a future vision and identifying positions that enhance MAA member collective business interests.
- Leads the development of MAA’s public policy positions on issues affecting the health and medical ecosystem; leads the development and implementation of strategies necessary to appropriately impact legislation and regulations. This includes analyzing policy position options for MAA with support from members and ensuring that MAA members are apprised of legislative and policy developments and provides oversight of MAA’s activity at the Legislature and with regulatory agencies.
- Provides general and ongoing managerial and administrative direction to MAA to facilitate problem-solving, decision-making, and implementation of MAA’s decisions. This includes supervising and directing MAA staff to ensure that MAA’s needs are being met and that MAA’s committees receive necessary staff support. Creates and fosters a collaborative working environment and identifies staff succession needs and development plans. Attracts, retains and develops talent that meets the evolving capability needs for the organization and the market.
- Provides leadership, in concert with the Chair of the Board and Executive Committee, on Board and committee agendas, direction and content.
- Directs and manages the daily business operations of MAA, including development, recommendation, and maintenance of the annual budget and oversight of MAA’s fiscal and legal operations and obligations.
- Identifies emerging trends, opportunities, and risks for MAA’s membership and leads change, where necessary. Creates and manages change, builds consensus, and respectfully challenges ideas for the betterment of the organization and the industry.
- Translates the vision and mission statements into strategic concepts, tactical direction, and operational policies for action and affirmation by the Board of Directors to meet or exceed the key elements and goals of the strategic plan.
- Oversees development and delivery of programs, products, and services for MAA members. Works with the Board of Directors and staff to research and develop new categories of programs, products, and services consistent with the strategic objectives of MAA.
- Directs and manages the organization’s financial performance. Takes appropriate actions to increase revenue, leverage resources, and manage and/or minimize expenses. Ensures that the Board, and especially the Executive Committee, are actively involved and informed on all aspects of the organization’s financial performance and stability.
- Recruits new members and works to retain current members for MAA primarily through developing and maintaining relationships with key leaders in potential and current member organizations.
- Consults with the leadership teams of member organizations on strategic planning, trends in healthcare and healthcare financing, and leadership development.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with key leaders from organizations that impacts the health and medical ecosystem. Assists in the education of these individuals regarding the MAA involvement in the area, trends in healthcare, and the value of participation in MAA.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively greater leadership/management experience in associations, the private sector, non-profits, government or academic. Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of the broad issues facing the healthcare industry, including the public policy environment.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining relationships with key business leaders, policy makers and the media.
- Demonstrated coalition builder to lead change across systems and/or communities, as well as demonstrated success in building the capacity of an organization on multiple levels is essential.
- Ability to plan, design, and implement complex programs. Experience in leading in areas of ambiguity and transformation.
- Demonstrated ability in financial management and the ability to effectively manage a high-performance team of professionals.
- The successful candidate must have a proven track record of developing strong external relationships and experience in bringing diverse groups together for a common purpose.
- Board experience is highly desired, either reporting to a board, having significant exposure with a board, or having been a board member.
- A successful record of building coalitions leading to change across systems and/or in communities.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered to attract an outstanding candidate.
Korn/Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.