Chief Executive Officer
|Category:||Financial : Consumer/Commercial Banking|
- Articulate the company’s vision regarding the balance between financial and social goals; ensure balance is maintained between owner service and financial targets to ensure that Libro’s long-term financial objectives are met.
- Demonstrate commitment to Libro’s four key pillars, helping its communities be: financially resilient; adequately, safely, and affordably housed; meaningfully employed; and food secure. Additionally, develop Libro’s strategy and response to a changing climate environment.
- Develop a strong rapport with the Board of Directors and act as the primary liaison delivering key messages and articulating policies. Provide the Board with timely and accurate reporting and annually provide for Board approval a strategic plan consistent with long-term stated objectives.
- Personify the corporate culture and cascade that through the organization. This includes developing and growing relationships with owners, employees, and key stakeholders in the communities Libro serves, and building a diverse workforce aligned to the organization’s purpose driven mandate.
- Continue and accelerate Libro’s pace of change towards full digital integration, ensuring the Credit Union is providing its owners with a competitive, user-friendly digital experience across all products and services.
- Ensure that Libro is well positioned within the risk management and changing regulatory environment, developing strong and positive relationships with regulators, and meeting the changing demands regarding risk, capital, cyber security, privacy, and conduct.
- Prepare the organization for a rapidly changing banking environment, most notably around payments modernization, open banking, and the regulatory environment.
- Accelerate talent development through the attraction, mentorship, motivation, and development of talent aligned with Libro’s purpose, pillars, and passion for prosperity in Southwestern Ontario.
- Ensure that Libro is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment for all, and that there is an attractive and sound value proposition for employees in all functions.
- Ensure high levels of employee engagement and satisfaction through all work environments.
- Work with leadership to navigate through the completion of Libro’s adoption of Agile methodology.
- Ensure Libro plays a leadership role in the credit union system in Ontario as well as nationally – continuing to enhance the positive public image of Libro Credit Union.
- Approximately 15-20 years of business experience including at least 10 years in a senior leadership role in the credit union system or financial services sector.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with clear accountability for the operations of a business with P&L responsibility, coupled with a strong track record of delivering results; experience in the commercial and agricultural sector would be an asset.
- Comfort in a cooperative business model, delivering an exceptional owner experience and service model.
- Experience advising and communicating with an active Board; ability to listen, synthesize and build consensus; politically astute with superior judgment.
- Strong general business acumen and comfortable managing multiple disciplines including Finance, Human Resources, Technology and Risk Management.
- Strong technological and digital literacy, with a keen understanding of the rapidly changing environment in financial services and demonstrated experience accelerating innovation and adoption of new technologies.
- Ability to manage relationships with multiple stakeholders in a mutually beneficial and constructive manner.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal (including speaking to large groups) and written, as well as effective listening skills.
- Servant Leader and Coach: leadership style that focuses on team dynamics much more than self-promotion and takes pride in the growth and success of those around them, the organization, the credit union sector, and Southwestern Ontario communities more broadly.
- Transformative: creates a clear vision, articulates the vision, owns the vision, inspires others and drives it to completion.
- Inclusive: experience leading high-performing senior teams; inclusive and collaborative with strong diplomacy skills; adapts quickly to diverse scenarios and alternate perspectives with an open, non-judgmental mind to deliver the best results possible.
- Future-oriented: demonstrates a digital mindset, modern leadership approach and embraces future-of-work concepts.
- Courageous: is a committed and courageous leader able to make important and difficult choices for the betterment of the organization.
- Collaborator: encourages teamwork, engagement and collaboration, inspires and builds trust.
- Communicator: listens clearly and communicates with individuals, business units, the organization, and external stakeholders.
- Integrity: demonstrates the highest level of integrity and sets the tone for a purpose-driven culture.
- University degree. Professional designation and/or post-graduate degree would be an asset
Korn Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.