Chief Operating Officer
|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Not-For-Profit|
With the vision of creating thriving communities through inclusive entrepreneurship, Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) believes every individual should have the opportunity to turn their dream of starting a business into a reality. Since its founding in 2010 as Merrimack Valley Sandbox, EforAll has demonstrated a commitment to evidence-based programming, placing under-represented entrepreneurs at the heart of their mission to accelerate economic and social impact in communities nationwide.
Offered in both English and Spanish (EparaTodos), EforAll’s programs—which include pitch contests, virtual workshops (“Deep Dives”), and business accelerators—provide support at every stage of the business lifecycle (from ideation to formation to growth). EforAll ensures the success of their entrepreneurs by providing dedicated mentors, a cohort of collaborative peers, and subject matter experts delivering relevant, real-world business curricula. Fueled by the future of work structure created by the pandemic, EforAll has adapted its programs to include both in-community access and a direct-to-entrepreneur (virtual) model.
EforAll takes a unique approach to community expansion through the recruitment of local champions to raise funding and bring EforAll’s programming to new communities. As a result, champions, donors, and staff at EforAll connect deeply with the populations they serve, because they are proud and active members of the communities they impact. And, that impact is significant, with EforAll having expanded into 12 communities in 5 states, serving more than 1,000 entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurship for All (EforAll) is accelerating economic and social impact in communities nationwide through inclusive entrepreneurship.
Always Put The Entrepreneur First. We honor the challenging and often lonely path faced by an entrepreneur, and our primary focus is on making sure the individual has the support and training needed to reach their true potential.
Proactively Seek Inclusivity and Diversity. We believe we are stronger when we value the differences among us. Our staff, volunteer, and program opportunities are available to everyone, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, marital status, genetic information, socio-economic status, or educational background.
Connect Deeply with Communities We Serve. Our staff are proud and active participants in the communities we serve and are committed to working closely with elected officials (regardless of party affiliation), local volunteers, and community champions to help their community grow and thrive through local entrepreneurship.
Foster a Collaborative and Supportive Culture. Our impact is greater when we work together to support entrepreneurs in their journey. We work hard to surround entrepreneurs with an extended professional network that is dedicated to supporting these entrepreneurs throughout their journey.
Embrace Change. We work with entrepreneurs and many of our staff and volunteers are entrepreneurs, and so we welcome and expect change as EforAll grows, our entrepreneurs turn into successful business owners, and our communities evolve.
Take the Time to Celebrate. We believe in the power of celebration. We recognize our team’s personal and professional growth as well as the accomplishments of our entrepreneurs, the dedication of our volunteers, and the generosity of our funders. We know that embracing a culture of celebration heightens morale and connects us more deeply as members of the EforAll community.
Entrepreneurship for All, Inc. (EforAll) seeks a strategic, inclusive, proactive, and thoughtful Chief Operating Officer (COO) with clear mission orientation and commitment.
This is a tremendously exciting time for EforAll from a growth, brand, and impact standpoint and the new COO will help to usher new institutional change through overhauling operational practices, technologies, and systems.
There is an articulated need for a growth minded operations executive to be a thought leader to conceptualize and manage systems and best practices for the organization while keeping clearly aligned with the EforAll mission and values.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and a member of the executive leadership team, the COO serves as a trusted collaborative leader who possesses strategic operational acumen, program, and people management skills, and aligned vision necessary to ensure that EforAll has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems to continue to be successful.
People are the focus and strength of EforAll. With a talented, passionate, and committed team, the COO must have a clear sense of the daily needs and be able to design solutions accordingly. There is the potential to leverage the incredible current team strengths and institutional experiences. The COO must be able to fluidly communicate with and support teams through efficient and clear operational support structures and methodologies. From a needs and priorities standpoint, the COO will look to further define/redefine and align role responsibilities, be able to engender trust and support, and be astute at recognizing, developing, and aligning talent.
This leader must be an authentic advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in all areas and be able to champion inclusive entrepreneurship.
Program Strategy & Delivery:
The COO must be proactive and thoughtful in the approach of operationalizing strategy to match the need and growth by enhancing the support structures and workflow that directly impacts program design and delivery.
As a motivational, accountable, and culture-first leader, the COO will keep the pulse of the organization administratively and operationally and must exercise transparency in all practices. With an aggressive organizational growth plan and multiple new sites within the last few years, there is need for immediate capacity building and scaling to keep pace with this.
The COO will ideally be able to bring in recommendations to institutionalize best practices and processes by creating and implementing measurement systems and evaluation tools to assist in mapping and tracking real-time goals and objectives.
The COO will be relied on to continue to optimize systems and processes with staff with the focus of continually improving programming content, software, participant & mentor tracking, recruitment, and engagement and must do this by being able to effectively listen, respond, collaborate, and work across all teams.
- Provide the strategic and operational direction necessary to develop and achieve or exceed operational and financial performance targets.
- Guide staff in implementing all organizational policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Fluently interface with knowledge and functional leaders.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable, proud environment throughout EforAll.
- Identify training and development opportunities for staff.
- Serve as an intellectual and strategic partner with the Chief Executive Officer, executive team, and Board.
- Benchmark EforAll’s cost per outcome with outside data to ensure EforAll offers excellent value to donors.
- Work with the Board, executive team, Director of Finance to monitor costs, program efficacy to ensure alignment with financial forecasts.
- Establish all policies, procedures, systems, and internal staff management functions of all departments and ensures compliance and accountability.
- Manage and work with the Director of Program Experience to review and research best practices for program delivery.
- Ability to identify the balance between community-based program execution teams and national-based functional teams (including finance, HR, software development, marketing, program development and design).
- Ensure the measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes. Provide timely, accurate, and complete reports on the operating condition of the organization.
- Build processes and procedures with a sustainable framework to help staff become more effective and efficient to maintain a distinct, entrepreneurial, innovative, and service-oriented culture.
- Thought partnership with the senior leadership to position the next iteration of EforAll through modernization, new systems implementation to help usher in a new and modern ethos.
- Oversee all direct staff regarding operational matters, including providing leadership monitoring and training, assigning responsibilities, reviewing work processes and programs/products, and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Help connect and integrate people and processes across the organization to ensure a more coherent, effective organization.
- A minimum five+ years of aligned operational leadership experience and business sense with an emphasis on implementing planning and procedures.
- Demonstrated project management skills and follow-through which includes assessing a problem, obtaining, and evaluating appropriate facts, and reaching sound and timely solutions.
- Experience with nonprofit financial management; revenue development strategies including earned revenue and/or fundraising strategies.
- Demonstrated digital and data proficiency and the desire to promote the use of state-of-the-art technology and data analytics.
- Strategic mindset with a results and solutions-oriented ethos; ability to identify connections and leverage opportunities across an organization.
- Clear, concise, effective written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship fluency a plus.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Retirement Plan
- Additional Voluntary Benefit
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree in a related field is preferred.
Korn Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.
|Chief Operating Officer, Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center Baton Rouge, Louisiana Mar 10, 2023||Baton Rouge, Louisiana||Mar 10, 2023|
|Chief Research Officer United States Mar 20, 2023||United States||Mar 20, 2023|
|Chief Development Officer Remote Jan 20, 2023||Remote||Jan 20, 2023|
|Chief Executive Officer Lenexa, KS / Washington, DC Feb 13, 2023||Lenexa, KS / Washington, DC||Feb 13, 2023|
|Chief Executive Officer Chicago, IL Dec 6, 2022||Chicago, IL||Dec 6, 2022|
|President & Chief Executive Officer Norfolk, Virginia Mar 3, 2023||Norfolk, Virginia||Mar 3, 2023|
|President and Chief Executive Officer Sacramento, California Mar 16, 2023||Sacramento, California||Mar 16, 2023|
|Global Seafood Alliance - Chief Growth Officer Portsmouth, NH Jan 27, 2023||Portsmouth, NH||Jan 27, 2023|
|The Cleveland Museum of Art - Chief Learning Officer Cleveland, OH Mar 6, 2023||Cleveland, OH||Mar 6, 2023|