Vice President, Care Coordination
|Location:||Marietta, Georgia USA|
|Category:||Life Sciences/Healthcare : Consumer Health|
WellStar Health System (WellStar), the largest health system in Georgia, is known nationally for its innovative care models that are focused on quality improvement and increased access to healthcare. Staying ahead of the technology curve has enabled WellStar to be a leader in both the diagnosis and treatment of an extensive array of health conditions. Serving a diverse population, WellStar consistently looks at total patient wellness and works to ensure that all systems support that focal point.
The Vice President (VP) of Care Coordination provides System strategic and operational leadership of, inpatient care coordination, population health management and transitions of care at WellStar Health System. This role reports directly to the Executive Vice President (EVP) and Chief Clinical Integration Officer and will serve on key strategy leadership councils across the System.
- Provides executive leadership for the strategic planning, implementation and monitoring processes and systems to ensure the quality of services and the achievement of patients care objectives through case management and integrated care management services.
- Efforts will include integrating clinical care and operations for patients in all settings including advancement of population health management.
- WellStar envisions integrated processes and transitions of care throughout the hospital which are fully aligned with pre- and post-hospital components of care, inclusive of all acute care facilities, long-term care, ambulatory centers, medical groups and partnerships.
- Expected to successfully collaborate with others on quality and performance improvement and clinical variation management to ensure care management programs are synergistic and optimally support improved quality and variation reduction.
WELLSTAR HEALTH SYSTEM http://www.wellstar.org
- WellStar Health System is the largest health system in Georgia, is known nationally for its innovative care models that are focused on quality improvement and increased access to healthcare. Staying ahead of the technology curve has enabled WellStar to be a leader in both the diagnosis and treatment of an extensive array of health conditions. Serving a diverse population, WellStar consistently looks at total patient wellness and works to ensure that all systems support that focal point.
- Specialists and primary care providers work in a multi-disciplinary environment with 20,000 team members throughout the System’s 11 hospitals, 225 medical office locations, outpatient centers, health parks, nursing centers, and other entities, including hospice, homecare, and a pediatric center. With an annual revenue $3.9 Billion in 2017, WellStar Heath System operates, 2,775 licensed beds, serving more than 600,000 patients. WellStar places enormous value on quality and safety by working through a patient-centered model of care.
- Bachelor and Master Degrees from accredited schools required. Degree in clinical discipline is strongly preferred.
- 15 years of healthcare experience in a hospital health system required.
- 10-15 years of progressive leadership experience in a large tertiary hospital or complex health system required.
- 7-10 years of care coordination experience required.
- Substantial working familiarity with inpatient care and processes and a deep working understanding of the functions of a large tertiary medical center or health care system well known for its effectiveness in care integration and population health.
- Established experience and knowledge of population health management strategies and programs.
Korn Ferry is assisting WellStar Health System with this important search. Please direct all nominations and applications via email to: email@example.com.
Korn Ferry International
Korn/Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.