Chief Chapters Officer
|Location:||Remote, Virtual or Remote / Virtual|
|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Not-For-Profit|
Position Chief Chapters Officer
Company Blue Star Families
Location Remote/virtual. May work from anywhere in the US with San Diego, CA or Washington, DC, as preferences for a primary location
Reporting Relationship Chief Executive Officer
Website Welcome to Blue Star Families
Blue Star Families is a growing non-profit Military Service Organization (MSO)) with a history of delivering innovative solutions. Senior DoD leaders seek out Blue Star Families when they want ground truth on issues facing our military families. Blue Star team members are motivated individuals that help each other do remarkable things for military families to bridge the civilian-military divide every day. The organization delivers: first-class solutions that transform the military experience for military family members; operates in an agile, highly caffeinated arena where great minds come together to make life better for military members and their families; and focuses on data-driven insights while understanding the value of spirited storytelling. And this is done in a highly flexible, virtual environment with unlimited PTO, time off for military moves, paid holidays, 403b match, and benefits! This diverse and inclusive environment fosters a sense of belonging among team members resulting in innovative and creative decision-making.
Are you ready to make a difference for the families of those who serve our great nation? Blue Star Families is the ideal match for the innovator, the out-of-the box, strategic thinker who understands the value of social impact. You are self-motivated, curious, and have a passion to do good. Challenging goals, pivoting priorities, and the ability to react to an ever-changing environment allows your true strengths to shine.
The Chief Chapters Officer (CCO) is a member of the executive leadership team of Blue Star Families and has responsibility and oversight for all Blue Star Families chapters. The CCO will help develop and execute the strategic growth plan for the chapter vertical and lead high functioning teams. The duties include creating and enabling Blue Star Families’ nationally funded chapters; as well as proving and maintaining financial sustainability for these chapters along with support from the Blue Star Families leadership team. The CCO will handle the transition from the current Blue Star Families Chapter model to a new, self-sustaining Chapter model. The CCO will coach and lead a team of approximately 13 Chapter Directors with a long-term goal of establishing a Blue Star Families chapter in each state.
This role will lead engagement and collaboration with civilian institutions and military partners to pursue partnerships that support military families while brokering solutions in select locales. The CCO will work with outside experts to develop a high-performing model, while planning and operating the rollout of Blue Star Families in sponsored chapter locations. This position will help charter the direction of Blue Star Families through engagement with executive and senior leaders of Blue Star Families and the Board of Directors.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned and experienced leader who has a passion for building community relationships and support. Ideally, the CCO will bring a strong leadership background, and have experience with creating and keeping financial sustainability (through development, grantsmanship and sponsorships). The desired candidate will have a history of effective leadership in military or civilian settings.
KEY CCO RESPONSIBILITIES
- Grow Blue Star Families’ presence through our chapter and neighborhood strategies
- Enact a strategic process to identify, evaluate, manage, and communicate with existing and potential partners
- Develop and implement strategies for acquiring, reengaging, and/or growing Chapter membership
- Develop and implement a plan to ensure alignment of Chapters with the overall strategic objectives of the organization
- Establish and maintain financial sustainability for Blue Star Families’ chapters nationwide in partnership with the BSF leadership team and development team
- Lead the creation and development of a department business plan
- Represent and speak on behalf of BSF to external stakeholders, including the media; present BSF programs to key community influencers, and organization stakeholders
- Maintain effective working relationships with partner organizations
- Engage in cross departmental collaboration to prepare funding proposals and secure philanthropic support
- Maintain a professional climate that attracts, retains, and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer
- Design, support, and oversee a cross-functional team that will collaborate effectively with other teams across BSF
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Experience growing a chapter-based organization or association, or grassroots structure, including fundraising
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in senior management or leadership
- Extensive experience in partnership building and community building
- Demonstrated administrative, strategic, and leadership skills, including the ability to implement an action plan
- Proven skill and comfort in managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with the military community, culture, lifestyle, organizational structure, and terminology; familiarity with military family programming
- Strong public speaking skills, including experience speaking before live audiences and interacting on air with the media
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and constructively across disciplines and with partners
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising, and appraising employees
- An ability to work independently and deliver a high-quality work product in a fast- paced environment
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps and Salesforce CRM
- Occasional out-of-town, overnight travel is required
- Occasionally may be required to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary to carry out key job functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required, advanced degree preferred.
A competitive compensation package composed of base salary and bonus will be offered to attract a superior candidate.