Vice President, Operations
|Location:||Valhalla, New York|
|Category:||Life Sciences/Healthcare : Consumer Health|
Blythedale Children’s Hospital (BCH) www.blythedale.org Is seeking a strategic, collaborative and results-oriented individual with the administrative experience and accomplishments to assume the position of Vice President of Operations. As a key member of the Blythedale senior leadership team, the Vice President, Operations will have critical operational responsibilities and will work closely with clinical departments, support services, the research program and finance department to ensure Blythedale Children’s Hospital will continue to provide effective and efficient operations.
- The Vice President of Operations will lead a team of approximately 160 FTEs and will manage an operating budget of $17.5M.
- The Vice President of Operations will be responsible for managing and overseeing; pharmacy, engineering and maintenance; environmental services; biomedical engineering; dietary services; security; physical therapy; occupational therapy; speech therapy; radiology; lab services; ambulatory care operations; and specialized programs such as the Assistive Technology Center.
- In addition, they will be engaged with other members of senior management, department heads, and clinical leaders in a variety of multi-disciplinary initiatives dealing with Joint Commission preparedness, performance/quality improvement projects, and improving the patient/family care experience.
- A critical responsibility will also be conducting specific data analyses around various programmatic and operational challenges and reporting to the Executive Vice President and the Operations Committee.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record in the overall improvement of operational, quality, strategic, and financial performance of a high-performing healthcare organization. He/she will be operational and financially talented, be an innovative leader with a proven capability of collaborating and working synergistically with diverse constituencies to affect the cultural and future operational changes necessary to ensure a high-quality, patient and family-centered, value-based specialty children’s hospital.
Blythedale Children’s Hospital
Blythedale Children's Hospital is New York state’s only specialty children's hospital located in Valhalla (approximately 45 minutes from mid-town Manhattan) and is the only independent children's hospital in New York State. As one of only 15 specialty children’s hospitals in the United States, Blythedale has the combined staff, expertise and resources – including the largest pediatric therapy department in New York State (PT, OT, and ST) – to provide exceptional comprehensive care to this population of children.
- Blythedale is a nationally recognized leader in developing innovative, multidisciplinary inpatient and outpatient programs addressing the needs of children with complex medical illnesses and physical conditions.
- Blythedale Children’s Hospital maintains several important academic affiliations/partnerships in the following clinical areas: Neonatal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine, Rehabilitation Medicine, Psychiatry, ENT, Neurology, Orthopedics and Neuroscience Research.
- Since 2011, Blythedale has completed four (4) major building projects, opening a new inpatient hospital, a day hospital, The Stavros Niarchos Center for Speech & Audiology, and the Steven and Alexandra Cohen Pediatric Long-Term Care Pavilion. Currently Blythedale is working with their architects on the planning, design and construction processes to form their final phase of building renovations.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration or related field, required
- Minimum of five years progressive and relevant experience in a senior administrative role in a hospital or health system, children’s hospital background preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the health care marketplace, financial analysis, budgets and operational analysis required
- An excellent operational and financial track record and understanding the key levers that drive performance in labor and supplies utilization, throughput, and other areas of efficiency
- Financial management skills to collect, monitor, and interpret internal and external data to assess and improve performance and make necessary adjustments.
- Demonstrated experience in aligning, scaling, expanding, and sustaining innovative quality, safety, and performance improvement initiatives that achieve superior clinical quality, favorable financial outcomes, and high patient/physician/and employee satisfaction.
- Strong understanding of systems engineering with a proven ability to analyze operational data and employ proven quality, safety, and performance improvement techniques.
Korn Ferry is assisting Blythedale Children’s Hospital with this important search. The search process is currently underway and will continue until the position is filled. All inquiries, nomination/referrals, and applications (including resumes and letters of interest) will be held in the strictest confidence and should be submitted to: Nadine.firstname.lastname@example.org
Blythedale Children’s Hospital is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Korn/Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.