|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Education|
Our client, Electronic Transactions Association ("ETA"), seeks a Chief Executive Officer. This individual will serve as a strategic leader, addressing the dynamic needs of this complex and broad industry.
- Board Relations: Build and maintain a trusting, collaborative, and transparent relationship with the Board of Directors. Provide regular feedback to the Board on strategic, operational, and programmatic matters impacting the organization, keeping them apprised of progress and challenges in meeting key goals in strategic and operational plans.
- External Relationships. Serve as the organization’s primary spokesperson and proactively represent ETA’s members before a wide range of constituencies, including policymakers, the media, peer associations, and other external stakeholder groups. Build and support partnerships and coalitions consistent with ETA’s overall mission and priorities. Drive engagement with key industry partners including the card brand network such as Visa, MasterCard, among others.
- Strategic Direction. Develop and implement a long-range strategic plan for ETA in conjunction with the Board, ensuring the organization remains relevant to an industry in a period of constant disruption, innovation, and heightened competition from technology providers. Ensure the ETA anticipates macroeconomic trends and their impact on ETA’s strategy. Provide leadership in achieving the vision and mission of the organization and ensure alignment with financial and operational goals.
- Membership Value. Ensure ETA offers a strong value proposition to members and delivers relevant offerings, tools, and services to meet their evolving needs. Develop timely and relevant programs and educational offerings to help members adapt to a rapidly changing industry.
- Revenue Generation. Build upon current revenue sources, specifically the Association’s annual conference, TRANSACT, and identify new value-added services/products to diversify revenue. Continue to enhance and develop innovative programming, publications, events, and educational resources to continually increase value for members. Actively drive ETA’s long-term financial growth and stability to secure funding from a diversity of sources.
- Staff Leadership. Lead and engage professional team of approximately 25 staff who demonstrate a commitment to excellent member service and delivery of relevant and timely publications, educational programs, tools, advocacy, and events. Attract, inspire, and retain a strong, motivated staff while developing future leaders for ETA. Maintain a culture of customer service, performance and accountability.
- Financial and Operational Oversight. Develop and ensure a balanced budget annually that is aligned to the strategic goals of the organization. Develop strategies to enhance the overall financial health of the organization. Provide fiscally responsible administration in an effort to maintain and grow the organization’s financial position, while anticipating market trends that may impact ETA’s budget.
- Regulatory Oversight. Lead and represent the industry with federal, state and local governments as electronic payments faces increasing oversight and regulation. Develop, maintain, and strengthen relationships with government officials to advance policy priorities and advocate on behalf of membership before key government bodies.
- At least 10 years of executive-level leadership experience in an Association of comparable size, complexity, and scope. Experience within the industry is possible if the executive has strong policy experience and proven leadership skills. Payments industry experience is ideal but not required.
- A dynamic and strong leader with experience uniting and growing an organization, developing and executing on a strategic vision for the future, and providing thought leadership for the industry.
- Strong board relations experience.
- Effective track record in advocacy and public policy leadership before government officials at all levels. A reputation for successfully operating in a bi-partisan manner.
- A track record for effectively empowering and developing staff, including recruiting and retaining top caliber professional talent.
- Visionary leadership with an ability to operate as a solutions architect, identifying emerging industry trends and their long-term impact on ETA’s members and the payments industry as a whole.
- Proven management, business, and financial acumen within an organization of similar scale and
- complexity. Technology savvy with an understanding of how to leverage new tools to better serve
- members and communicate about the importance of the industry.
- Prior experience overseeing an industry leading conference, broadening the sponsorship and attendance, while continuously updating the program to reflect changes in the industry is desirable.
- An ability to generate new and diverse revenue sources while managing the operating budget in a cost constrained environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills, including the ability to relate well to a wide range of constituencies. A natural understanding of people, relationships, institutions, and politics.
- A collaborative, inclusive leader and team player who is collegial, and open to partnering with others. Possesses political savvy and diplomatic skills.
- Stellar communications skills, serving as a principal liaison to draw awareness to the organization’s values, vision and mission. Superb listening skills with an ability to clearly articulate the message and command the respect of his/her audience.
- Strong executive presence with the gravitas required to interact with senior leaders in the industry and government officials.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility and character, demonstrated high moral and ethical behavior.
Please submit resumes and letters of interest to Becky Graham at Becky.Graham@KornFerry.com.
Korn/Ferry shall provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified candidates, and will refer candidates without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected basis.