Vice President, Asset Management - Industrial
|Category:||Financial : Real Estate|
Position Vice President, Asset Management – Industrial
Company COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL
Location Boston MA or Dallas TX
Reporting Relationship Regional Manager
Headquartered in the Northeast, our client is a Real Estate Investment Trust focused on the acquisition and operation of industrial properties throughout the United States. By targeting Industrial Assets our client has developed an investment strategy that provides a powerful balance of income and growth for investors.
Our client owns over 400 sites totaling over 90 million square feet located in 38 states. The company has a strong operating history sustained through variable market cycles, and has experience investing in both large and small markets. The company culture is team-oriented, inclusive and collaborative and also provides opportunities for professional growth.
The Vice President of Asset Management will drive the overall performance of a regional portfolio of institutional quality assets to the highest level possible. The Asset Manager will serve as the ultimate point of accountability for the financial performance of the individual assets and the portfolio which he/she is managing.
The Vice President, Asset Management will be responsible for all phases of the Asset Management process for a specific geographic region. The individual will also work closely with the acquisitions team on new acquisitions and play an active role.
• Lead as the key person in the negotiation of lease transactions within an assigned portfolio of assets – and maintain an active relationship with brokers.
• Establish and maintain relationships with tenants and visiting with all key corporate decision makers to understand ongoing needs of their business
• Monitor and be accountable for the profit and loss of individual assets in a portfolio
• Hire and actively work with local leasing brokers to manage leasing activities and fill vacancies within the assigned portfolio
• Work directly with Property Managers and Tenants regarding the daily operations of the sites
• Oversee all capital improvements and building expansions and capital improvements
• Travel to the assigned markets and visit the individual assets the in portfolio
o Meet with tenants to understand their needs
o Walk the property and interior of building to observe level of use and occupancy and any identify potential capital needs
o Meet with local brokers to keep current with market dynamics and any changes
• Understand the market locations and specifically monitor and understand the latest market statistics, industry trends and the broader competitive set
• Present and make recommendations to the Investment Committee
• Report on the performance of each asset with a comparison to budget and underwriting; make hold/sell recommendations
• Manage the disposition process
o Make recommendations to Executive Management
o Interview and hire listing brokers
o Manage the marketing and bid process
o Conduct buyer interviews
• Prepare annual budgets and business plans for each property
• Work with the Acquisitions team on underwriting potential deals and approve all leasing assumptions
• This position will require a good amount of travel – estimated at 50%.
- Minimum of 7 years Industrial Real Estate experience required
- Best qualified candidates will be thoughtful and organized -- effective with time management and comfortable working independently.
- Strong verbal and written skills with solid interpersonal skills and relationship acumen
- Financial analysis experience required and direct the work of junior team members
- Experience reviewing and negotiating Real Estate documents (Leases, PSA, etc.)
- Experience managing and leading teams of Real Estate professionals
- We will consider candidates who have other/additional asset class experience provided they have Industrial asset experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s or MBA is desirable.