Senior Vice President, Economic Development
|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Education|
Reporting Relationship: President & CEO
The Partnership is a fast-moving, forward thinking, non-profit business organization with the foundational belief that every day is a chance to make the city a little better. Together with more than 700 Member organizations, they are the leading voice for private sector businesses in Downtown Denver.
The Partnership pursues a place-based economic development strategy, with work ranging from research, strategic planning, entrepreneurship & innovation, mobility, as well as supporting more traditional job and investment-related projects. This work includes an emphasis on office, technology, retail and housing, all of which support our mission to build a prosperous center city. Fundamental to the Partnership is their work with members and volunteers. This work takes the form of Committee and Council management, building a network of downtown champions, and aligning with external partners such as the City of Denver Economic Development Office, Metro Denver EDC and State of Colorado Economic Development.
All Partnership Team Members share a responsibility for recognizing, creating and implementing plans to promote diversity and inclusion within their and the organization’s respective programs and initiatives. Where applicable, this includes involving external stakeholders to coordinate and promote the Partnership’s commitment to diversity and inclusion. The Downtown Denver Partnership views Diversity and Inclusion as a moral and economic imperative for building a great city and the SVP, Economic Development will be highly engaged in the organization’s initiative around this important work.
- Commitment to placemaking and city building, and desire to be involved in the growth and success of Downtown Denver.
- 10+ years of relevant, progressively responsible economic development experience, preferably in the residential and retail sectors.
- A metrics-driven, entrepreneurial mindset that informs strategy and work.
- Excellent project management experience, including proactive and independent development of work plans, timelines, and budgets.
- Domain knowledge in mapping economic development and latest research tools
- Strong analytical skills and well-developed business acumen; natural relationship management instincts; savvy for gaining buy-in from various stakeholders.
- Capacity to engage diverse stakeholder groups including employers, developers, brokers, retailers, public agencies, and government officials.
- Possess a deep commitment to instilling practices and a culture that reflects The Downtown Denver Partnership.
- Orientation as a team player and leader with strong management skills that fosters a more diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment.
- Track record of recruiting, coaching, managing and retaining a high-performing team in a fast-paced and dynamic culture.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Proficiency in Sales Force and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to work varied hours for events and to meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree in economic development, business, economics, marketing, urban planning, public policy or an equivalent combination of education, training, and expertise.
- International Economic Development Council (IEDC) certification desirable.