|Location:||Hauppage New York|
|Category:||Industrial : Diversified Manufacturing|
Well regarded global manufacturing company.
The Director of Finance serves as the lead finance executive for the business. The Director of Finance will oversee all elements of the accounting and finance function, in addition to serving as a strategic finance business partner to the President of the division, focusing on driving profitable growth and efficiencies in all operations.
The Director of Finance will be responsible for the Finance & Accounting operations of the division including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the division’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles. S/he will drive process improvements within the finance organization, creating and implementing policies and procedures to improve the control environment and provide transparency of results.
More specifically, the Director of Finance will:
• Analyze and review every facet of the business, including such things as revenue, costing, pricing, forecasting and taking the appropriate actions to achieve margin improvement and net profit improvement on every element of the business.
• Understand and analyze divisional financial performance as it relates to forecasted profitability.
• Drive a strong financial process and control mindset throughout the corporation by providing appropriate financial support in the attainment of operating goals and objectives. Continually acting as a business partner, both challenging and supporting the executive team.
• Oversee and make decisions on budgets, forecasts, and financial practices and procedures.
• Make recommendations on financial strategies concerning improving short- and long-term profit margins.
• Take initiative with ideas and actively help lead the company regarding strategic and tactical management issues, bringing financial and general management expertise to the division's leadership.
• Develop and implement financial practices and procedures in accordance with Corporate and government requirements ensuring adequate operational and financial audit processes to ensure compliance with company and government requirements.
• Ensure business is compliant with all applicable laws & regulations in regard to financial reporting and results, including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
• Build organizational capability within the Finance function across the business. Ensure that top talent is hired and retained. Provide training opportunities for finance employees and give honest and open feedback to aid in the development of Finance talent.
• Interface actively with divisional finance leaders, Sector and Corporate finance teams (tax, audit, treasury, etc.) and Senior Leadership Team.
The ideal candidate will possess superior technical accounting and finance skills, in addition to proven operational finance, strategy development, and business planning and analysis experience. Responsibility leading a finance organization within a complex global business is required.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
• A minimum of 10-15 years of progressive finance experience, with at least 5 years at an executive level, within a global manufacturing company with at least $100 million in revenue.
• Financial oversight for a full divisional P&L including experience managing accounting, financial planning and analysis, strategy, risk and controls.
• Proven strategic planning skills, problem-solving skills and thoughtful, data backed decision making.
• Ability to partner with the VP/GM to design and implement solutions and proactively anticipate, identify and understand problems.
• Knowledge and experience in business operations and understanding of the financial drivers of business performance.
• Has overseen the financial closing process, led management reporting function, and improved management’s ability to make decisions by improving timeliness, accuracy, and quality of reporting.
• Possess a depth of knowledge of accounting and controls, as well as possessing strong financial analytic skills.
• Track record of driving process improvement and efficiencies across the organization through automation and the implementation of best practices.
• Experience building reporting, processes and working in a large-scale ERP environment that drive operational excellence and optimal financial performance.
• Deep understanding of ERP systems, including systems implementation/upgrade experience.
• Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in a clear, concise, and credible manner. Able to synthesize disparate data/variables into easy to understand, useful information
• Demonstrate strong leadership skills along with experience of building and growing high performance teams.
• In-depth knowledge of the principles of accounting and finance; financial planning, budgeting and forecasting; cost accounting; auditing; and related contract requirements.
• Experience in a public company with a strong SOX / Internal Controls environment.
• Executive Gravitas: Outgoing and confident with executive presence and the ability to work effectively with the President and senior management team. A natural strong personality who can partner and take the initiative.
• Character: High degree of maturity, integrity, and personal self-confidence.
• Business Acumen: Demonstrated business judgment with the desire and capability to be an integral part of the senior management team.
• Analytical Skills: Data-driven and highly analytical with demonstrated proficiency in financial planning and analysis, business valuation, and acquisition due diligence.
• Leadership Capability: Ability to build and motive a team to improve the team’s performance and contributions to the organization.
• Communication Skills: Builds consensus for new ideas and initiatives and in communicating effectively with personnel and groups at all organization levels.
• Hands-On: Detailed-oriented with the willingness and ability to contribute as both a leader and a member of the team. Ability to originate action to improve existing conditions and processes, identifying improvement opportunities, generating innovative ideas, and implementing solutions.
A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration is required. CPA and/or MBA preferred.