Vice President, Capital Markets
|Location:||New York New York|
|Category:||Financial : Real Estate|
Position Vice President, Capital Markets
Location New York, New York
Reporting Relationship Head of Equity Capital Markets
Our client is a leading international property and infrastructure group, with operations across in Australia, Asia, Europe, and the Americas. Headquartered in Australia, our client’s employees help to create places that leave a positive legacy with a focus on health and safety, their customers, innovation, and sustainability.
Our client and their legacy businesses have been entrusted with many projects that have become the cornerstone of cities and communities – projects include critical infrastructure, stadiums and entertainment facilities around the world, hospitals, schools, shopping centers, residential communities, and high-rise apartment buildings – the list goes on. The relevance of our client’s business today is testament to their founder’s foresight.
The Vice President of Capital Markets will support the functions of equity raising, investor relations, IM product development and research for U.S. projects. This person will be responsible for the coordination of disciplines (development, legal, finance, etc.) to organize and drive capital campaigns to successful outcomes and for facilitating investor due diligence and responses to RFPs and consultant questionnaires. The Vice President, Capital Markets will also oversee an Analyst or Associate to create fund and JV models and to create and maintain external marketing materials in support of Urban Regen and other capital raising initiatives
This Vice President, Capital Markets responsibilities will include:
• Supporting the product development initiatives of the Equity Capital Markets group, including leading the preparation of investor meeting materials, financial analysis of proposed fund/JV structures, responses to RFPs, and facilitation of due diligence requests of potential investors. Participating in presentations to clients and their advisors as part of deal team.
• Providing analysis and support in negotiating and closing equity capital raise transactions, working closely with the transaction team to include internal and external development, design, construction, and operational team members, clients, client advisors, attorneys, investment bankers and other service providers.
• Along with the Analyst/Associate, developing pro-forma fund/JV models, including the assumptions and other inputs developed from or in connection with other internal and external sources, proper design / operation of the model and the design and presentation of model outputs.
• Acting as primary point for accessing various market research data sources, including Preqin, CoStar, RCA, and other providers.
• Preparing timely analysis and responses to questions raised by investors.
• Understanding the pro-forma for each project and the key Client metrics.
• Maintaining working knowledge and understanding of current industry trends and market terms.
• Providing support in the preparation of internal investment submissions; addressing commercial, tax, accounting and other issues implicated in moving through the internal pipeline and investment approval process.
• Five or more years of real estate capital raising, or project finance experience. Preference for candidates that have worked for placement agents, investment banking, investment sales brokerage firm, or other real estate capital intermediaries.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in preparing report output in Microsoft-based software tools.
• Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables and incorporate a logical and systematic approach to all required analyses.
• Understanding of, and ability to create and control PowerPoint presentations and complex Excel-based financial models.
• Bachelors or higher degree in relevant major. MBA a plus but not required if other experiential factors are present.