Managing Director, Senior Investment Advisor
|Location:||New York, NY|
|Category:||Financial : Asset Management|
Our client is a Registered Investment Advisor serving individuals, families, foundations and endowments who want their investments to contribute to a more sustainable and inclusive world. They develop and manage custom investment strategies designed to achieve targeted societal impact without sacrificing financial performance. Their approach is distinguished by the depth and rigor of our manager due diligence, and by the integration of our thematic research work into that process.
The firm is headquartered in New York and have an office in Denver. They are a WBENC-certified women-owned and -controlled enterprise and a NGLCC-certified LGBT Business Enterprise.
Managing Director, Senior Investment Advisor role is located in New York City and is responsible for advising new and existing clients (including foundations, endowments, high-net-worth individuals and family offices) on building, preserving and managing their wealth. The MD will help clients develop and manage a customized investment strategy aligned to their financial and values-based objectives. S/he will advise clients on all aspects of their investment portfolio. Additionally, S/He will be responsible for new business development to drive client acquisition.
The finalist candidate will possess a deep understanding of wealth management and current market perspective strong business development and service capabilities, and a genuine interest and commitment to societal sustainability.
S/He will have the agility to engage clients in all stages of the investment advisory process including investment policy statements, alignment of client’s goals to their respective values, advising on asset allocation and management of clients’ current investment portfolio.
Furthermore, in offering investment advisory services, our client has become known as a leading platform for thought leadership through the promotion of new research in the field of ESG for organizations around the world engaged in sustainable business practices. As such, the finalist candidate will be given the opportunity to leverage the firm’s thematic investment research efforts to engage and influence the ESG community as a prominent thought leader.
Act as ongoing relationship manager for a specific portfolio of clients and ensure every client has a positive experience
Responsible for engaging in new business development to deliver firm’s sustainable/impact investment advisory services to prospects and clients (high net worth individuals, family offices and foundations/endowments)
Develop a perspective on specific client situations in order to proactively select and recommend solutions that align with the client’s goals and values
Utilize knowledge of firm’s investment strategies and their economic underpinnings to articulately address the particular needs of a client interested in ESG and sustainable/impact investing.
Conduct investment reviews with high net worth clients to validate the clients' current investment objectives and prepare recommendations of appropriate investment products
Develop investment policy statements, advise on asset allocation and manage clients’ investment portfolios
Leverage firm’s extensive research and investment analysts to communicate external market/macroeconomic trends, formulate a strong investment perspective, and identify sales/business development opportunities
Collaborate closely with the firm’s team especially Managing Director (MD) of Business Development and Chief Investment Officer (CIO).
Develop, oversee, and guide all assigned sales activities including initiating contact, building an extensive pipeline and selling firm’s investment advisory solutions in the most appropriate, cost effective way for sophisticated customers (in-person, phone and email communications).
Serve as a resource and discussion partner on thought leadership in the sustainable investment space
Ideal candidates for this position will have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; MBA is desirable
• CFA candidate or charter holder is preferred
• Series 65; Series 7 and 63 are desirable
• 8 years related experience
• Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for achievement; Possesses creativity and the ability to generate innovative solutions; Adapts to change and demonstrates flexibility.
• Demonstrated understanding of investments, banking and trust concepts including, but not limited to asset allocation on managed portfolios, brokerage accounts, portfolio reviews, deposit and loan solutions, basic trust and estate products and identification of wealth planning opportunities
• Extensive experience with equities, fixed income, structured notes, and alternatives
• Knowledge of and commitment to ESG and sustainable/impact investing
• Measurable track record of successfully advising high net worth clients
• Analytical ability in order to relate specific client asset situations to individual products
• Interactive skills in order to understand client needs and take action with the appropriate solutions
• Strong client relationship management and sales skills
• Experience profiling and formulating strategies for potential clients
• Demonstrated ability to build and retain a book of business
• Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills; possesses the ability to facilitate and deliver a compelling message with a high degree of credibility, sense of humor, and engaging/dynamic presentation style across a variety of audiences/settings.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to build internal/external partnerships; persuade and influence others, gain the acceptance of ideas from peers, and clearly present and communicate concepts (intangibles).
• Constantly pursues learning and networking opportunities, builds and leverages knowledge/expertise in targeted areas to influence and develop thought leadership.
• Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; commitment to excellence, organizational and time management skills; possesses the ability to analyze and prioritize large amounts of information.