Director People and Culture
|Location:||North Sydney Campus New South Wales|
|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Education|
Shore is a leading Anglican Day and Boarding School emphasising excellence in academic, cultural and sporting pursuits and fostering integrity in spiritual and moral development in a Christian environment. Educating students from the Preparatory to Senior School, the staff are excited by and connected with the foundations and principles of education and learning.
A newly created role, Shore is seeking to appoint an experienced people and engagement leader to the school. As an active member of the Executive Leadership Team, reporting to the Headmaster, you will be experienced in human resources and dedicated to engaging people across the organisation, also identifying and leading culture initiatives in a meaningful manner. You will make a significant contribution to shaping the organisational structure and engagement whilst delivering to the strategic objectives of the School.
As a new function, working across the school, your role will include but not be limited to:
- Delivering end-to-end human resources function: including employee relations, industrial relations, diversity and inclusion, policy and procedure development and compliance;
- Managing recruitment: talent identification and recruitment, performance management and staff development;
- Leading culture and engagement: implementing projects, activities and discussions;
- Ensuring a safe workplace: compliance and management within all regulations and guidelines;
- Strategic advisor: driving strategic objectives within the school and its staff with respect to its Christian purpose through inclusive and collaborative engagement;
- Compassionate liaison: from critical to coaching conversations, internal and external.
Demonstrating your experience in a similar role and environment, you present with the following criteria:
- Significant (8 years+) experience in human resources with relevant qualifications;
- Establishing and improving human resources processes, policies and communication;
- Culture and engagement project identification, implementation and leadership, ideally in change management, employee engagement and/or process improvement;
- Developing professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Alignment to the School's Charter and aims and active commitment to its Christian purpose;
- Member of a relevant professional body and valid Working with Children Check clearance.