Vice Chancellor, Marketing and Communications
|Category:||Government/Not-For-Profit : Education|
Position Vice Chancellor, Marketing and Communications
Company Ana G. Mendez University
Location Orlando, Florida (or remote)
Reporting Relationship Chancellor
Ana G. Mendez University Background
The Ana G. Mendez University System is a not for profit institution in operations since 1949. With approximately 40,000 students it is the largest private university system in Puerto Rico. The Ana G. Mendez University System includes three traditional universities (Universidad del Turabo, Universidad Metropolitana, Universidad del Este) and a fully on-line University (AGM Virtual Campus); each one fully accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education. In 2003, the Ana G. Mendez University System opened the Metro Orlando Campus in the state of Florida offering bachelors and master’s degree programs from its universities in one campus and with a flexible schedule. Nowadays, the Ana G. Méndez University System is recognized for serving Hispanic adult students in the Continental United States with five campuses operating in the states of Florida, and Texas.
Ana G. Mendez University operates five campuses in the United States and has an online education program. Currently enrolled in their programs are approximately six thousand students with the expectation to grow to over 10,000. The university offers 120 technical, associates, bachelors, masters, and doctorate programs.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Vice Chancellor, Marketing and Communications will report to the Chancellor and help Ana G. Mendez University launch their brand under the new name. This person will lead the efforts to position the university to ensure continued growth within their programs. S/he will focus much of their attention on lead generation capabilities for the university, primarily in the Florida market and the online programs. In addition, they will work to further develop the website to assist current, or potential students, to navigate more easily. The Vice Chancellor will be responsible for managing the relationships with outside agencies. This person manages the brand for existing programs, launches new programs, develops internal and external communications, and ensures session and yearly goals are achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement an effective marketing automation program to sustain acquisition and retention efforts as well as to effectively engage and communicate with potential students.
• Develop the key performance indicators to evaluate all acquisition, retention, and engagement messages, strategies, and programs and the analytics to measure the success of all three.
• Ensures the effectiveness of digital and online marketing. Monitors performance of the university web site and digital communications, and, in parallel, online/digital trends and innovations. Champions the test or adoption of digital communication strategies and tools to increase the reach and impact of the university’s online communications.
• Conducts market research to support Ana G. Mendez University initiatives, and branding. Translates insights into meaningful strategies and tactics and implements as needed.
• Assess the performance of the various academic programs in each market and determines areas of opportunity to generate additional interest in underperforming programs.
• Oversees all marketing communications including branding, print, collateral materials, direct marketing activities, special events, internal student communications and all online activities.
• Serves as an ambassador for the university, developing relationships internally and externally to advance the brand and position with prospective students and other relevant constituents to drive enrollments as well as other core business units within the university.
• Guides and directs the development of the creative work to support Ana G. Mendez University’s advertising and marketing efforts.
• Develops annual brand planning process and leads the overall development of marketing plans and strategy. Successfully develops and executes marketing tactics and programs to deliver the strategy.
• Assists in the identification and development of new market opportunities for product and service offerings and serves as marketing lead on new initiatives.
• Leads the development/optimization of a motivating, relevant and differentiated positioning for the University’s brand. Ensures the positioning is articulated in a clear and consistent manner in all communication vehicles.
• Leads brand performance reviews, to ensure that brand strategies and performances remain on target in relation to overall corporate objectives.
• Develops and oversees efficient management of large marketing budget ($3 million).
• Recommends use of external agencies – such as ad agencies, public relation agencies, or design firms – where required for capabilities and/or capacities. Evaluates candidates and negotiates agency agreements; provides overall direction to major engagements.
o Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing.
o Minimum ten (10) to fifteen (15) years in a senior B2B/B2C Marketing leadership role with a successful track-record executing an inter-connective strategy, brand building, and marketing innovation to drive revenue goals.
o Hispanic marketing experience is preferred.
o Substantial vendor management experience is required.
o Excellent communications, presentation, writing, and interpersonal skills are required.
o Extensive knowledge and use of social media in a dynamic and integrated marketing environment.
o Significant experience leading the development of brand positioning is highly desirable particularly in an entrepreneurial, fast growing organization.
o Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and public speaking skills.
o Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities, with an attention to detail.
o A high level of energy and self-motivation.
o Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in handling sensitive data, plans and analyses.