Vice President of Information Technology
|Location:||San Antonio, Texas|
|Category:||Financial : Consumer/Commercial Banking|
Position Vice President of Information Technology
Location San Antonio, Texas
Reporting Relationship Reports to Chief Information Officer
We are looking for an experienced leader to oversee Information Technology here at a leading credit union in San Antonio. The role will oversee a team of professionals covering the network infrastructure, core applications, and all internal technology of the credit union. The key responsibilities will include managing the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new systems IT systems and policies. The ideal candidate will be service oriented and hands on and have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate the team. The overall goal is to ensure IT systems and staff are effective and functioning within budget, time and to the specific requirements of the organization.
- Oversees technology operations including Network Infrastructure / support, security, , internal credit union technology including core processing system and related systems.
- Work closely with business leaders on supporting and implementing technology to meet overall strategic plan.
- Manage, develop and implement IT policies and procedures.
- Identify the business requirements of all departments to determine specific technology needs.
- Evaluate existing and new technology alternatives and make recommendations for the implementation of new technology to improves operations and customer experience.
- Vendor management – interfacing and managing key technology vendor relationships.
- Manages IT Help desk environment.
- Constantly evaluating technology utilization across the enterprise to ensure effective utilization.
- Coach and develop team members
Education & Certifications
Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required or an equivalent combination of formal training, certifications, and experience.
Proven experience as or similar role preferably in a financial services organization. Programming / application development experience would be highly preferred. Candidate needs to be a technically hands-on / service-oriented leader in this critical area.
Excellent organizational and leadership skills are required.
Outstanding communication skills will be important to be successful in this role.
Must have hands-on experience with: configuring network devices, windows server, vmware administration, running complex IT projects, enterprise application administration.
Ability to manage and control IT Budget.
Ability to manage and develop IT staff.
Skills & Abilities
Previous experience working with a Bank / Credit Union core process system is mandatory. Specific experience with Jack Henry Symitar System is a plus Experience / knowledge of Office 365 is preferred. Knowledge of migrating systems to a cloud infrastructure environment is preferred.