Vice President of Marketing
|Location:||St. Louis Missouri|
|Category:||Financial : Consumer/Commercial Banking|
About Scott Credit Union
Founded in 1943, Scott Credit Union is a full-service financial institution providing financial services for individuals and businesses, including free checking accounts with interest, ATMs, credit, and debit cards, new and used vehicle loans, mortgage loans, unsecured lines of credit, savings products, online banking, free online bill paying and much more.
Scott Credit Union, like all credit unions, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative that offers banking services. When someone opens an account with a credit union, they become a member and an owner.
Conducting financial business with a credit union saves consumers money. Scott Credit Union offers similar products and services to what the conventional financial institutions have, but we do so with our members’ best interest in mind.
Your experience with Scott Credit Union is about more than money, it’s about you getting the most value for your money and reaching your financial goals.
Our products and services and pricing are driven by our members, not by stockholders looking to increase their net worth. Our Board of Directors consists of members who are volunteers that consistently provide strategic direction with our members’ financial well-being as our priority.
The Marketing Vice President is responsible for the planning, development, and execution of the marketing and external communication strategies for the organization. This position works closely with the Chief Experience Officer and all business divisions across SCU to develop the marketing plan and ensure it aligns with the organizational strategic priorities, goals, and objectives.
This position directs the marketing and external communications strategies to effectively carry out the overall strategy of Scott Credit Union. This individual is responsible for coaching, developing, and training team members to deliver best-in-class creative and marketing strategies to provide a seamless member experience. S/he partners with peers to execute ongoing, proactive, and integrated strategies to acquire new members, engage them in the brand, and inspire them to become brand advocates by developing powerful communications that build emotional connections. S/he will actively engage in corporate strategic and business continuity planning; departmental budgeting; and partners with the Chief Experience Officer in the annual marketing planning process to ensure alignment with Scott Credit Union’s strategic direction.
The VP of Marketing directs and implements the strategic and tactical marketing plans for the organization by effectively using targeted membership as well as product and service campaigns across multiple channels. S/he will be responsible for understanding consumer, commercial, mortgage and marketing trends, creating overarching marketing strategies, collaborating internally and externally via focus groups and or surveys to identify business opportunities, developing campaigns and on-going programs. This individual will Identify and monitor key metrics for campaign optimization. S/he will also be responsible for the creative direction and assurance that all communications and marketing efforts adhere to the Scott Credit Union brand platform. The position owns the strategy, implementation selection, enhancement, and maintenance of all marketing technology solutions to include business intelligence, project management, marketing automation, to name a few. S/he will monitor appropriate dashboards to ensure marketing efforts are effectively performing. This individual will also develop corporate identity guidelines and direct activities to maintain standards as well as brand platform. S/he will be responsible for defining the goals and objectives for the unit based on the strategic goals and objectives of the Credit Union.
This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior level management, other Scott Credit Union management and staff, legal counsel, examiners, external auditors, and other third parties doing business with Scott Credit Union.
The ability to work with a high degree of independence is required as well as the skills to plan, organize, direct, and control resources within scope of assigned responsibilities. Effective planning, analytical and creative/writing skills, and the ability to meet deadlines while collaborating with respective Scott Credit Union departments is important to this position.
Primary Position Objectives
This position will play a key role in elevating the marketing function within Scott Credit Union. The successful candidate will provide strategic functional leadership aligning closely with the overarching strategy of the organization. Additionally, they will influence, inspire, and motivate within the team and across the organization through proven leadership skills.
• Oversees the execution of the Marketing Plan.
• Provides strategic marketing and communications thought leadership to Scott Credit Union.
• Participates in strategic planning; business continuity planning; and the development and maintenance of new programs and services.
• Assesses and analyzes general consumer trends, financial industry trends and member trends and analyzes its significance to marketing strategies.
• Works with Chief Experience Officer to plan and execute the annual Marketing Planning process.
• Works with Chief Experience Officer to develop and implement Strategic Marketing Plan and oversees the development and implementation of the tactical marketing plans.
• Represents Scott Credit Union in the business community by serving on boards, committees of organizations aligned with Scott Credit Union strategic direction.
Execution and Tactical Leadership
• Oversees the day-to-day activities of the marketing and external communications units to include workload assignments, employee development, and performance evaluation.
• Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of promotional campaigns and events to target current members to deepen and broaden their financial relationship with Scott Credit Union.
• Oversees the development, and implementation of promotional campaigns and events to target potential members to join Scott Credit Union.
• Oversees the development, and implementation of general marketing and programs to educate members about Scott Credit Union services and products. Evaluation includes response rates, expenses and income earned.
• Oversees the development, and implementation of a comprehensive public relations program to include corporate social responsibility, financial literacy, community outreach, crisis communication, etc.
• Partners with the Chief Experience Officer to ensure the member experience is at the forefront as it relates to all methods of contact, including phone, web, and mobile channels.
• Oversees ongoing branding initiatives to include the need for consistency in all branding opportunities across all channels.
• Oversees the creative direction of Scott Credit Union marketing. Oversees the development of the brand platform and ensures uniformity across all media channels.
• Oversees the management of third-party relationships as they relate to overall marketing, communications and creative strategy - advertising agency, media buying agency, production companies, and other. Coordinates contracts as necessary.
• Partners with Senior Officers across the organization to prioritize product, service, and segment opportunities to maximize marketing efforts.
• Prepares marketing proposals and collaborates with other Scott Credit Union departments to develop marketing plans.
• Plans, promotes and evaluates targeted membership/service campaigns.
• Manages specific Marketing teams for campaigns or special projects.
• Researches and keeps abreast of financial product trends and keeps abreast of financial product advertising/marketing efforts.
• Defines own goals and objectives.
• Monitors competitive landscape.
• Knowledge of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
• Responsible for effectively managing risks within the scope of assigned job responsibilities.
• Responsible for personnel matters within the Marketing Unit. Establishes performance standards. Evaluates employee performance at least annually and administers disciplinary action according to credit union policies and procedures. Interviews and recommends applicants to fill vacancies at the unit managerial level. Coaches and directs employees. Acts as a mentor to unit staff.
• Interfaces with other Scott Credit Union senior management, management, outside consultants, media, vendors, and other financial institutions.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge - Maintain required knowledge, skills, and abilities in assigned area of expertise, including the laws, standards, fundamentals, methods, procedures, and techniques required for job. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Scott Credit Union’s processes, related business processes, and the business world outside Scott Credit Union. Maintain knowledge of Scott Credit Union’s goals, culture, philosophy, products and services, bylaws, policies, and internal practices.
• Workflow Management - Manage time effectively; meet deadlines; and produce quality work requiring little or no review. Manage high volume of work assignments.
• Judgment - Exercise good judgment and appropriate decision making within scope of job.
• Communication - Effectively communicate with audience appropriate content and detail both verbally and in writing.
• Relationship Management - Maintain strong and effective interpersonal skills and effective working relationships with all stakeholders, both internal and external. Demonstrate Scott Credit Union Operating Principles and acts as an ambassador on our 3e commitment (Engagement; Education; Experience)
• People Management and Development –
Supervise workflow and staff, using Scott Credit Union’s coaching style of management (1-on-1 dialoging regularly, delegating effectively, setting expectations and goals, proving ongoing training, providing development opportunities, holding staff accountable in accordance with the credit union’s performance management process).
Responsible for adhering to the organizations Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and Diversity & Inclusion practices when selecting, mentoring, promoting, and training staff.
• Ten or more years of experience in Marketing, Communications and/or Product Management
• Demonstrated leadership skills with a track record and commitment of building and motivating high performing teams within a highly collaborative culture.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas to a variety of audiences. Also, must have effective listening, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the products and services associated with the financial services industry.
• Proficiency in high level strategic planning processes with the ability to think, plan and implement with a strategic focus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business preferred
• MBA a plus
• Or any equivalent combination of experience and education