Director of Capital Markets
|Location:||Washington District of Columbia|
|Category:||Financial : Investment Banking/Capital Markets|
Position Director of Capital Markets
Company Farmer Mac
Location Washington, D.C.
Reporting Relationship Reports to Executive Vice President – Chief Business Officer
About Farmer Mac
At Farmer Mac, everything they do is inspired by their mission, their promise and their values. They are a diverse group of talented, engaged, and passionate individuals who are committed to bringing vitality to rural America through innovation, collaboration, and excellence. This team embodies these principles that have guided Farmer Mac since its inception and help them to serve as a champion for rural America. Candidates for this position must share the same appreciation for rural America and should want to devote a career to serving those who help set the global standard in agriculture and rural utilities while advancing the livelihood of rural communities.
Farmer Mac’s Mission
Farmer Mac is committed to help build a strong and vital rural America by increasing the availability and affordability of credit for the benefit of American agriculture and rural communities.
Farmer Mac’s Promise
To build a strong and vital rural America through innovation, collaboration, and excellence.
Farmer Mac’s Core Values
- Unparalleled Service
- Innovative Thinking
- Collegial Collaboration
- Unrelenting Excellence
- Absolute Integrity
- Passion for Rural America
- One Farmer Mac
Farmer Mac is an equal opportunity employer.
NO EMPLOYEE OR JOB APPLICANT WILL BE DENIED OPPORTUNITIES OR BENEFITS AT
FARMER MAC BASED ON RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN,
DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, CITIZENSHIP STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY
OTHER BASIS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
At Farmer Mac, the Director of Capital Markets will be responsible for developing and managing the capital markets and syndication functions for the commercial business lines at Farmer Mac, primarily focused on agricultural/agribusiness lending and structured finance.
This role will lead the cultivation of a capital markets platform by facilitating the development of buy side and distribution capabilities through creating unique products that leverage the commercial business lines of the organization. In addition, the Director will be responsible for maintaining key investor relationships with commercial banking partners, Farm Credit banks and associations, insurance companies and other institutional capital providers related to all capital market activities. Over time, the Director will lead a team experienced in executing capital market transactions with key Farmer Mac customers while collaborating with the relationship management and credit underwriting functions within Farmer Mac. This new, senior level position will have a high degree of visibility within the organization and is expected to immediately contribute towards accelerating the existing Farmer Mac commercial business lines as well as the significant growth objectives of the organization.
• Management of the capital markets function for Farmer Mac commercial business lines including:
o Originating and distributing syndicated debt products
o Developing asset purchase capabilities within the broader syndicated debt market
o Collaborating with relationship managers and credit underwriters on syndicated or structured transactions
o Preparing and reporting syndication analytics to appropriate staff and internal committees
• Originates, structures and distributes syndicated debt products for existing and new investors of Farmer Mac’s commercial business lines.
• Further develop and manage relationships with community and commercial banks, institutional capital providers and Farm Credit System institutions to provide a strong asset distribution network.
• Enhances asset purchase capabilities through developing relationships within the syndicated loan market and communicating Farmer Mac’s advantageous and unique product set.
• Review, analyze and assess complex syndicated transactions from a variety of commodity types, industries and entities from across the United States.
• Works with the commercial business lines to structure and distribute innovative debt products related to wholesale funding securities and asset securitizations.
• Provides guidance and evaluation to Farmer Mac commercial business lines on pricing and fee dynamics across the credit spectrum.
• Assists and supports the ongoing development of the loan administrative, operations and closing functions.
• Key business line participant in the implementation of infrastructure projects for Farmer Mac as it relates to the impact on syndicated transactions.
• Work with Financial Research and Strategy in the development of management reports that include monitoring of syndicated loan volume, profitability and counterparty trends.
• Demonstrates strong leadership skills through recruiting, developing and motivating a Capital Markets staff.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
• Ten (10) or more years of relevant business experience.
• Five (5) or more years of progressive management experience.
• Broad knowledge of risk management techniques and functions.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management, staff and customers.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and decision-making skills.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication abilities.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related fields. Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of capital markets, syndicated credit as well as other financing alternatives in a commercial or investment banking environment.
• Strong familiarity with market-based asset pricing, loan structuring and credit agreement documentation requirements relating to commercial and investment loan structures.
• Excellent business development, organizational, negotiation, credit, presentation, marketing, and sales skills.
• Thorough understanding of accounting, financial statements and income tax returns.